Faulty Electrical Outlet Blamed for Yesterday’s Fire

Firemen from Coudersport and Roulette responded to a fire in North Coudersport on Friday.

COUDERSPORT – The cause of a fire that damaged a vacant home along Reese Hollow Road in North Coudersport yesterday afternoon was determined to be electrical in nature.

The PA State Police Fire Marshal Unit and Coudersport Fire Department Assistant Chief determined through an investigation the fire began with a faulty 3-way plug, which was plugged into an electrical outlet within the livingroom of the house.

The home, owned by Michael R. Spong, of Coudersport, suffered an estimated $15,000 in damages.

No one was injured.


Save pagePDF pageEmail pagePrint page

Leave a Comment