Kicking off Monday, June 13, 2011, National Men’s Health Week encourages fathers, sons, brothers and husbands to focus on the importance of preventative healthcare and the significance of early detection.
Now as a result of the Affordable Care Act, most health plans including Medicare provide preventative services to all members free of charge, no co-pay, deductible or coinsurance applies. Speak with your provider to learn more about the benefits of preventative health services including the following:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screenings – a one-time screening for men of specific ages who have ever smoked
- Aspirin use for men 45 to 79 with certain medical conditions
- Blood Pressure Screenings
- Cholesterol Screening
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Counseling for a healthy diet for adults with certain medical conditions
- Type 2 Diabetes Screening
- Smoking Cessation Counseling & Alcohol Misuse Screening
- Hepatitis B
To learn more about coverage for preventative health services please visit www.healthcare.gov or contact my office at (866) 461-9159.