Overheated Outlet Cause of Fatal Ridgway Fire

RIDWAY – An overheated electrical outlet has been determined as the cause of a fire that led to the death of a Ridgway man on March 19.

A State Police Fire Marshal said yesterday the fire began on the second-floor of the three story structure.

Forty-five-year-old Timothy Keyser died from blaunt force trauma suffered as the result of falling from the window of his apartment. Keyser was trapped by the fire and waiting to be rescued when he fell.

The fire also left 14 residents homeless and displaced a Chinese Restaurant that operated on the first floor.


Save pagePDF pageEmail pagePrint page

Leave a Comment