From Potter Coundy Today
The Potter County Fair has returned for its 74th running through Saturday night, Aug. 7, at the Millport fairgrounds. Opening ceremonies and other activities kicked off the fair on Sunday. Leo Szczesny (Sunken Branch Photography) provided this picture of a blue-ribbon winner in the rabbit competition.
Once again, there is no gate admission charge and no parking fee. As always, there will be rides, exhibits, refreshments, animal displays, entertainment and more. Carnival rides are at reduced prices Monday through Saturday from 1-5 pm. Special events are as follows:
- Monday: 7-11, music by Country Pickin’.
- Tuesday: 9 am, youth horse show; 11:30, Grange show and awards; 4, beef show; 7, baked goods auction; 6-7 and 8-11, music by Quigg Hollow.
- Wednesday (Senior Citizens Day): noon to 4, music by Hum Johnson and Country Gold; 1, sheep show; 6, kiddie horse show; 7-11, music by Two Mile Band.
- Thursday: 8 am, open horse show; 9 am, open dairy show; 7-8 and 9-11, music by Happy Days; 8 pm, queen crowning.
- Friday: 9 am, junior dairy show; 6, trophy horse show; 7, 4-H/FFA junior livestock auction; 7-11, music by Stray Bullet.
- Saturday: 10 am, old-timers’ horse show; 6-10, music by Legends; 10, fireworks display.
More information on the fair is available by calling 814-698-2368.
Article courtesy of the Potter County Commissioners.