Medicare recipients in Potter County will have the chance to get personalized help from trained local counselors during an enrollment program to be held at five locations. Potter County Human Services reports that there are a number of changes to Medicare this year, and beneficiaries are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to learn more. Schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, October 16, 10 am to 1 pm, Galeton Senior Center.
- Thursday October 18, 10 am to 1 pm, Coudersport Senior Center.
- Friday, October 19, 10 am-1 pm, Potter County Human Services, Roulette.
- Monday, October 22, 10 to 1 pm, Oswayo Senior Center, Shinglehouse.
- Wednesday October 24, 10 am to 3 pm, Gunzburger Building, Coudersport.
Appointments are required and can be made by calling 1-800-800-2560. Additional sessions will be scheduled in November and December. For the 2012 enrollment season, Medicare’s Annual Coordinated Election Period (AEP) will take place Oct. 15 to Dec. 7. Both Part D and Medicare Advantage plan members must make plan changes at this time. Between Jan. 1 and Feb. 15, 2013, people with Medicare Advantage (MA) plans will only be able to return to Original Medicare and join a stand-alone prescription drug (Part D) plan.
Potter County Human Services counselors have been trained to answer questions and provide objective, easy-to-understand information about Medicare, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Medicaid, and Long-Term Care Insurance.
Potter County Today is a timely information site courtesy of the Potter County Commissioners. Reprinted with Permission.